which is the best anti-spyware combination

Jomi 21:06 01 Jul 05

I'm currently running spybot resident, spyware guard, microsoft anti-spyware, mru blaster and bho demon.
These all run from start up along with Norton anti virus and firewall.
I also run occasinal checks with adaware, A squared and cws shredder.

Obviously it's a bit of an overkill but the advice available is to run more than one.

I'd like to recover a few system resources so is there any advice available as to which combination would give me the best protection?

thanks

Digit 21:23 01 Jul 05

I have Norton / Webroot Spy sweeper & Big Fix.
No problems so far running ME.

D

Technotiger 21:29 01 Jul 05

Hi, have a look at this thread.

click here

Cheers

Jomi 22:14 01 Jul 05

Thanks for that link technotiger, read and digested.
My Norton subsciption doesn't run out till October, I'll maybe switch to AVG then.
I suppose I can cut out at least two of my current 'resident' anti-spyware progs and just run them regularly instead of having them run all the time.

bretsky 22:54 01 Jul 05

Running XP home ed sp1, I have Panda Titanium 2004 AV with Z/A firewall free version and Spybot S&D 1.3, Spywareblaster and Sunbelt Counterspy (paid for version) all running nicely together.

bretsky ;0)

Jomi 09:23 02 Jul 05

Thanks for the ideas everyone, I'll probably cut out at least one of the resident programs but whichever I choose I'll keep for occasional scans

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…