Which is best ?

Way 1 16:00 27 Apr 03

Can anyone help me decide which is the best Photo printer, either Epson 925 or HP 7550, to compliment my new Nikon Coolpix 5700 digital camera?

Thanks in anticipation,
Way1.

Djohn 16:20 27 Apr 03

Can't say which one is better, but I have the HP 7350 and the quality of printed photo's is better than those from the local Photo. shop! and that is with prints at 10x8 J.

woodchip 16:22 27 Apr 03

Do you really need to spend that much, I doubt you would see any difference on a EPSON C62

woodchip 16:24 27 Apr 03

PS the only benefit with the EPSON 925 is it's card reader

woodchip 16:27 27 Apr 03
  Way 1 19:10 27 Apr 03

Many thanks for your prompt returns, Djohn and woodchip. I thought I may have been missing out on better quality from a more expensive and 'propper' photo printer. I actually have the Epson C82 and the quality of photos look ok to me (complete beginner to digital photography) but as I said, I thought perhaps the more expensive photo printers would throw better quality. I have no way of comparing, as I do not know anyone who has either of the two printers in question.
Anyone else care to comment? ( Djohn and woodchip included)

Megatyte 19:17 27 Apr 03

Don't know about the 7550, but normally HP's are hard to beat for photo reproduction. The drawback is the grossly overpriced cartridges.

AH

Rayuk 19:45 27 Apr 03

Have a workmate who has just got the Epson915 and the photo quality is very impressive.Compared to my efforts on a 680 using same paper there is a marked difference.
And it has recently come down to the £130 mark[has the card reader as well]

Way 1 13:55 28 Apr 03

Many thanks for all the responses folks. I have decided to make do with what I have for the time being, although Epson are sending me some sample photos.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…