Which AV Prog ??

buckeye 08:26 09 Sep 05

I have NTL broadband , which has it's own AV prog. I also have Norton 2005 and Spybot. When I install SP2 I encounter all sorts of problems.It has been suggested to me that i should have only ONE AV installed. I am currently back to SP1 and everything is fine.If i have to drop an AV which one ? And should I re-install SP2 ??

Stuartli 09:13 09 Sep 05

From what I have learned about the NTL AV offering it seems pretty comprehensive, including updating every three hours or so.

Norton can cause a lot of problems (as this forum along with past experience) reveals but getting rid of it completely can be equally troublesome.

I would stick with the NTL offering.

SpyBot (Search and Destroy), Ad-Aware, SpywareBlaster etc are to stop or eliminate malware and should be used on top of an AV utility.

Stuartli 09:16 09 Sep 05

Found this out about the NTL AV version:

click here

click here

click here

Normally I would recommend Avast! which automatically updates, if necessary, whilst you are online and a panel appears informing you of the update(s).

Stuartli 09:19 09 Sep 05

I would install SP2 immediately, along with ZoneAlarm (free firewall) and configure the Security Center so that its own firewall is disabled.

The Security Center will acknowledge other firewalls and AV programs are present.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5