Which are the best DVD-R disks to use

FatboySlim71 13:56 13 Oct 04

I am shortly going to be getting a new PC which has a Sony 16x dual layer dvd writer on it and was wondering which are the best brands of DVD-R disks to use for overall quality and reliablity,speed is not important when choosing the disks.

pjwheeldon 14:11 13 Oct 04

I bought some Memorex DVD-R and DVD+R (each £15.00 for 10) when I first got a DVD writer, the +R never worked, whether I wanted to copy a film or save a file! The DVD-R's were much better, but still not brillient when backing up my existing DVD movies. Then looked on the web and found ebuyer recommending Datasafe 4x DVD-R (. 25 @ £5.49 + P&P. They have been fantastic. Not a single failure out of first 20 I have used, and have worked in my old DVD player, which is not DVD-R compatible! Something to do with the Ritek G04 Dye used. Whatever the techie stuff, can't recommend these enough.
click here

SEASHANTY 15:12 13 Oct 04

Another well known supplier of DVD Media
click here

SEASHANTY 15:16 13 Oct 04

I have always found Verbatim discs to be the best but they are more expensive than the Ritek G04 dye discs. Use Verbatim for the more important stuff in my Panasonic Home DVD Recorders.

FatboySlim71 17:30 13 Oct 04

Also I meant to ask has well the same question for DVD-RW disks.

wjrt 17:35 13 Oct 04

look here
click here
normally good on price

Rogerfredo 18:25 13 Oct 04

Try click here .
They have excellent offers on "manufacturers overuns" and do the Datasafe discs too.

nick_j007 18:40 13 Oct 04

Some good info. here, and a reliable supplier too.

click here

HTH,

Nick

Mikè 19:36 13 Oct 04

I've used these people click here quite a lot, good prices.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…