Which AntiVirus Software?

mh84 16:34 07 Apr 09

I am currently using the free version of AVG antivirus software. I have noticed that Virgin Media offer PCGaurd software for free (to its customers, which I am) so I am wondering which is better and if it is worth replacing AVG with the Virgin Media one? or does it not make much difference which one to use?

PhiltheFragger 16:36 07 Apr 09

AAARRRGGHHH Avoid the virgin software like the plague

Either have AVG free and malwarebytes
or if you want a suite, look at the new Norton Internet Security 2009, it has been totally redesigned and is now a very light program

Or F Secure

provider 2 16:40 07 Apr 09

Avast 4.8 Home (free):

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:44 07 Apr 09

All the advice you'll ever need about PC security software click here

birdface 17:17 07 Apr 09

I agree with PhiltheFragger I would not use Virginmedia Antivirus Software.Norton you have to buy and not worth paying for in my opinion.
you have AVG just stay with that unless you do not like it You can always use Avira or Avast.Anti-Spyware.Malwarebytes[free].A squared Superantispyware any two of those three.And if you are not sure about Firewalls Kerio Firewall free might be your best bet.Like Windows Firewall you get no pop-ups wanting you to allow or deny programs.
And of course Spywareblaster all you have to do with that is update it once a fortnight and let it do the rest.

VOT Productions 17:21 07 Apr 09

What about Comodo Internet Security Free

skidzy 17:31 07 Apr 09

Certainly agree to avoid PC Guard,i have had a few machines lately with this installed.. and plenty of infections to sort out.

As a freebie,Avast is the way to go.

DieSse 01:02 08 Apr 09

Avast or Avira for a free Anti-Virus. Plus you'll need a Firewall too.

Comodo Security Suite for a free all-in-one AV and Firewall.

Couple them with two good anti-malware programs (I use Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D).

For the best paid AV use NOD32, or Eset Security Suite. Just all round better than the freebies.

DieSse 01:05 08 Apr 09

Why NOT to use AVG free

click here

To their credit, they don't hide this.

mooly 08:29 08 Apr 09

FSecure 2009 Internet Security. Less than 20 quid for three PC license from Amazon.
Install and forget, auto updates every couple off hours... never had malware issue. Works silently.

Batch 08:50 08 Apr 09

If you are happy with the AVG suite and it covers all the bases, why give yourself the grief of changing?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now