Dave Strugs 22:07 26 Jul 03

Just interested to find out which anti virus software is recommended. I have heard some programs although effective may affect system performance dramatically. I know protection is the main issue but would be intersted to get the thoughts of others.

graham√ 22:16 26 Jul 03

AVG is popular on here. It will slow you down a bit whilst it is doing a scheduled scan, but you can stop or suspend it if necessary.

Gaz 25 22:16 26 Jul 03

click here - Trend Micro (Pay)

click here - Panda Antivirus (Pay)

click here -Avast 32(Free)

click here - Rav(Free and Pay)

click here - Norton Antivirus 2003(Pay)

click here - Kapersky (Pay)

click here - F-secure (?)

click here - AVG 6.0 (Free)

Gaz 25 22:19 26 Jul 03

click here AntiVir

click here AVG

click here Avast Free

bremner 22:33 26 Jul 03

If protection is the main issue then forget AVG and pay for something like NAV

Gaz 25 22:44 26 Jul 03

click here

click here

DieSse 22:47 26 Jul 03

And the one with the best detection record and lowest system overhead click here

See click here

VoG II 22:48 26 Jul 03

DieSie's favourite click here

This does the best in tests using in the wild viruses.

Pertsonally I'm with click here

Gaz 25 22:48 26 Jul 03

There are many, Panda reckons it runs without using CPU power and slowing.

VoG II 22:48 26 Jul 03

skeletal 23:04 26 Jul 03

I used to use Norton, but it missed a virus which I subsequently (unkowingly) emailed to my work. I was not too popular and as our IT department use Sophos (which did detect the virus), I now use Sophos, but it is paid for by work. It is probably too expensive for many home users.

The Sophos intercheck monitor does not cause too much of an overhead (it works by quickly looking at file checksums as they are opened, if they are different from what they should be, it then does an actual virus check on the file). You can do a manual "normal" virus check on anything if you want. But to do a full hard disc scan (about 100,000 files for me) takes about 20-30 min.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…