Which ADSL wireless router for BT Broadband

pete47 09:18 21 Jul 05

Am currently using a BT Voyager usb ADSL modem for my broadband. Am having problems with my 1 mps connection drop outs and wonder if a router might solve this? Have updated modem drivers and changed filters and spent hours talking to BT support line to no avail. Modem is currently plugged into a socket extention (provided by BT), would I get better results with a router plugged into the primary BT socket and which wireless router do you recommend?
Many thanks, Pete H.

howard60 09:45 21 Jul 05

could you temporarely move your pc so that you can plug directly into the bt master. If this cures the problem you know it is something to do with your extension wiring. Try the simple things first. If you do move to the master and it is one of the latest type with the 2 sections you can undo the 2 fixing screws and remove the bottom section allowing you to plug into the line itself without any of the extensions connected. Also try different filters as they vary greatly.

Magik ®© 09:57 21 Jul 05

wish you luck, i have about 4 threads running on this site about the voyager, trying to get it sorted,, there is a web site running with more threads running about voyagers than you can shake a stick at.....perhaps we can share our findings, if we have any....

Magik ®© 09:59 21 Jul 05

PS, i am running the BT voyager 2000 adsl wireless router........... at the moment, to get me by,i am using the BT voyager100..

Technotiger 10:53 21 Jul 05

Hi, I have btbb-2gig, my modem is the Billion Ethernet ADSL Modem, attached via ethernet card in pc. Card and modem together cost approx £50 but worth every penny. Can also be expanded with simple attachement for wireless networking, which I shall be organising shortly when my Partner's pc is installed in another room.

My modem is the BIPAC 5100S and can be seen at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…