Which Acrobat

gudda96 08:45 08 Mar 06

Hi There

I am a bit confused, I have to my knowledge, always had Acrobot Reader or Adobe, or both, as I get mixed up with them both.

All I know is that it/they was needed if I wanted to open a PDF file and it always worked.

Whilst trying to undo problems on other matters, I think I may have messed up/deleted Acrobat and I want to start fresh as I need to open a website and I need it sorting.

Is it a windows program that comes with pc or can I install it from the internet.

I still seem to have something in my prog files but there is folder within folder??

Diodorus Siculus 08:48 08 Mar 06

Adobe Reader - Download
click here

Batch 08:56 08 Mar 06

The above link is for Acrobat Reader is for version 6 (which was quickly superceded and for good reason).

If you are running XP, go for the latest version - 7.

Version 7 isn't compatible with ME. Although version 6 will run on ME, it is a pig and very slow to load (although there is a workaround if you are interested). Personally I'd go for version 5 with ME. You'll occassionaly get a warning about the PDF using capabilities of a later version, but I've just clicked though this without problem)

Diodorus Siculus 09:24 08 Mar 06

[quote]The above link is for Acrobat Reader is for version 6[/quote]

Not accurate:

The link I posted will check your operating system and offer you the latest version available for that OS.

If you want a different version, you have to choose the appropriate link.

Batch 09:29 08 Mar 06

Apologies - my mistake

gudda96 09:50 08 Mar 06

Dio

Thanks for that, I have d/l and installed but with a small hiccup.

Hiccup being that a part of installing seemed to freeze although I got the usual warning that it "may take time" it seemed a long time so I did an "End task".

I have taken to p/s if it helps you diagnose and when you reply, you may think of a way of testing Reader on something?

I also forget how to send you attachments??

Diodorus Siculus 10:20 08 Mar 06

Go into add/remove programs and see if the program is listed - if so, remove it. There may be more than one instance of it.

If you are on XP / 2k I'd suggest you stay with version 6.01 which can be found here: Acrobat Reader - OldVersion.com
click here

It is not as bloated as version 7 and will open almost all pdf files that you are likely to come across.

[quote]have taken to p/s if it helps you diagnose[/quote] - not sure what that means :-(

jbaker65 10:39 08 Mar 06

I have recently started using 'Foxit' as my pdf reader. It is free, very fast and so far I have found no problems. It might be worth a try!

gudda96 10:52 08 Mar 06

Dio

My thanks for V 6.1, have d/l but hit another snag whilst installing.I have taken a printscreen (which will answer "I dont understand" I was not clear)but forget how I attach for you.

Diodorus Siculus 11:06 08 Mar 06

OK - the printscreen can be uploaded to

click here

gudda96 11:57 08 Mar 06

Dio

have done the attachment but could not see a link to post to you so you can open it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…