Which 17' TFT flat screen?

Joeyace 10:40 03 Dec 04

Could someone please advice me on what to look for when shopping around for a 17' flat screen.It will only be used for pc display, no TV programs will be viewed on it.My price range is up to £275.00.

Diodorus Siculus 10:43 03 Dec 04

For regular PC work you could easily get a good 19inch monitor:

Novatech 19" Black & Silver Height Adjustable TFT Monitor With 3 Year On Site : TFT-NOV19A
click here

When you say PC work, do you include gaming? If so, the above is not really suitable - you would need a faster response time - say 16ms or thereabouts.

Giggle n' Bits 10:53 03 Dec 04

this has built in speakers & is a chart topper from PC Pro mag. Also includes DVI but its best to have a DVI on your PC also.

Belatucadrus 11:04 03 Dec 04

click here the AG Neova F417 gets a lot of good customer reviews here.

olyman 13:27 03 Dec 04

My local Aldi still had a Medion 17" TFT in stock today at £199.99. With 3 year Warranty and excellent helpline. I have last year's model and am well satisfied.

pj123 13:58 03 Dec 04

Don't know who they are but have just received an email from click here with some pretty good deals on TFT monitors.

vinnyT 14:49 03 Dec 04

The sharp LL172g-b (around £280) seems to get great reviews at the moment.

Just got (today) the sony s73b, and am extreamly pleased with it, no way could I go back to crt. The screen is bright, colours well defined and plays games/movies with no lag (that I can see)

It was £257.33 inc post from click here

TomJerry 15:16 03 Dec 04

can any suggest 17" one reasonablly priced (under £250) with following

High adjustable

good viewing angle 160+(H) 130+(V)

good brightness (300cd/m2+)

good contrast ration 450+

good response time 16ms

Djohn 16:44 03 Dec 04

Don't rely too much on the response times of a TFT panel, it depends on how the manufacturer has measured them.

There are many things to take into account when choosing a TFT, viewing angles is one of them and will play an important point in your pleasure of using the monitor. Not much use if the display is superb but looses its colour and contrast if you move your head a few degrees in the vertical or horizontal plain.

Have a read at this site where they have tested some 19" TFT panels and given advice on what to look for on choosing a TFT. [Same will apply to a 17" TFT]

I had a 17" AOC TFT with 150/125 degree viewing angle and was reasonably satisfied. Excellent display and no signs of ghosting in games or movies but I was dissatisfied with the angle of view. Changed to a new AOC two months back with viewing angles of 175 degrees and the difference is amazing, not as good as a CRT but not far off.

Now able to move my position of viewing the monitor to a large amount without loosing the contrast or colour quality. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…