Which 15' TFT to buy?

Any ideas would be helpful, which TFT is best for value of money out there?
I have beening looking at:
DabsValue 15" TFT 1024x768 16ms Black
any good?

Totally-braindead 10:40 10 Nov 06

Depends what you want it for. I haven't seen it but the response time 16ms, is slow. I would be looking for something with a response time of 8ms or faster. Of course if you're not dealing with movies or games or things with lots of fast moving images then its not a problem.

Actually before finishing this posting I had a wander about some of the sites and all the 15" TFTs I looked at were all the same 16ms. So this must be standard for a 15" so perhaps my advice is not correct.

Mr Mistoffelees 10:57 10 Nov 06

I suspect manufacturers are not selling many such small displays and, therefore, are not using the latest LCD panel technology in them. This size is also very much the budget end of the market, so manufacturing costs have to be kept very low to maintain a reasonable profit margin.

Totally-braindead 11:01 10 Nov 06

Seems as reasonable explaination as any Mr Mistoffelees.
owise14u unless money or deskspace is really tight I would go for a 17" theres a lot more choice click here and click here and theres not that much price difference. Plus you would get a faster response screen.

Mr Mistoffelees 11:02 10 Nov 06

For not much more than the cost of a 15" monitor you can get a budget 17" model click here

Mr Mistoffelees 11:03 10 Nov 06

You did better than me!

Totally-braindead 11:10 10 Nov 06

Only beat you by 60 seconds though Mr Mistoffelees, its usually Vog that beats me to the punch.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…