Whether to update or not!

spuds 13:47 21 Feb 04

I know this subject as been raised previously, but I would like recent information. I have just checked for Windows [XP] updates, and according to the information received, it came it with 19 that I may or may not necessarilly require. Should I download these or not, that is the question.Are ALL updates really necessary, and do they always solve the problem!.

Paranoid Android 14:19 21 Feb 04

You should certainly install any Critical Updates first, including major Service Packs and Security Updates.

Next is Recommended Updates, in general I would install these unless you have a good reason not to.

Whether you do the rest is up to you, probably only necessary if it addresses a vulnerability in part of Windows that you use.

I tend to get my driver updates from the OEMs.

Marvin

Help! :D 14:24 21 Feb 04

i agree with Paranoid Android. What he is saying is true.

daisy2bell 14:27 21 Feb 04

I tend to get my driver updates from the OEMs

Sorry, what is OEM's

jakimo 14:34 21 Feb 04

OEM= Original Equipment Manufacturers

spuds 18:14 21 Feb 04

Thanks everyone for the response so far. I usually download the criticals, but I have often wondered about rest.Some past posting have suggested that downloading some updates can mess up the system.Funny really, whilst I am typing this, a new update as come up on my auto alert.Must check what that one's for.

spuds 18:19 21 Feb 04

Critical Update for Windows Media Player Script Commands [KB828026]. Now downloaded and installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…