Where's webuser.co.uk gone????

Tim1964 00:24 02 Aug 05

I appreciate it's a bit cheeky asking this on a PCA forum but....Can anyone else get onto the Webuser site?
I've asked this on another forum but even with some very helpful advice I still can't get it. It stopped working about a month ago. I've tried clearing out the temp files, cache, cookies, history etc and followed various links posted by others but still no luck.

Very odd ????

Kev.Ifty 00:28 02 Aug 05

click here

Works for me.

Number 7 00:28 02 Aug 05

It's here click here

No problem accessing the site.

ACOLYTE 00:29 02 Aug 05

Well i just tried to open this and i got there
click here that took me straight to the page,if thats the one you mean.

Tim1964 00:31 02 Aug 05

Thanks guys,

With both FF and IE all I get is a blank page and the 'hourglass'. Then it eventually times out.

Tim1964 00:35 02 Aug 05

I've tried the links and even Googling the site and following those results but still nothing.

Have run an updated Adawre and AVG, just in case.

All onther sites open fine, BTW.

Do you think I may have been 'locked out' by WU for some reason?

Maybe an email to them may shed some light on the matter. Now I'll have to dig out a non electronic version (the mag) to find the address.

p;3 00:35 02 Aug 05

I"ve got to it by all the links given above; it set my Guard IE off with its checking the site for "non-wanted things"; but no probblems getting the page open; do you still have problems? what message do you get when you try and open it?

Kev.Ifty 00:39 02 Aug 05

You're not a secret agent sent to convert the 170,000 members of PCA to some lesser forum are you? ;-)

What about cookie handling?

TOOLS/OPTIONS/PRIVACY/ADVANCED Tick 'Over Ride Automatic Cookie Handling'.. Click OK.

Any good?

Kev.Ifty 00:43 02 Aug 05
  Tim1964 00:46 02 Aug 05

Kev.Ifty

Tried the cookie thing. With IE6 the blue bar takes ages to move across and then a "cannot find "webuser.co.uk"" page comes up.

Kev.Ifty 01:07 02 Aug 05

If you have cleared your cookies etc.. I can't see how WU would know you are you!

Do you have CCleaner? If so, is WU listed under 'cookies to keep'?

I am clutching at straws (as you can tell)

Below is a link to a subscription thing, Does that work?

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…