wheres service pack 1

gidster 21:19 07 Sep 09

hi ive just restored my computer to as it was when i brought it and am now in the boring process of putting programs back on.im trying to put zone alarm on but it says it needs service pack 1, ive been on to windows update but cant find it at all.

any ideas. cheers.

pa1916 21:41 07 Sep 09

You don't say what OS your using if it's WXP stater pack one is included in IE6.
If your updates are turned on it then will update as before there are quite a number of up dates for WXP now.

pa1916 21:52 07 Sep 09

If you like you could try this SP1 has become SP1A
This is a 7 year old update.
click here

lotvic 22:03 07 Sep 09

Service Pack 1 (SP1) is no longer available for download.

To obtain Windows XP SP1a, visit the following Microsoft Web site click here

To install Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3), either Windows XP Service Pack 1a (SP1a) or Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) must already be installed.
If you have to install Windows XP Service Pack 1a or Windows XP Service Pack 2, go to the "Windows XP Service Pack 1a" section or the "Windows XP Service Pack 2" section in this article. click here

gidster 19:18 08 Sep 09

hi yeah i forgot to say im running the laptop on vista.

Stuartli 19:41 08 Sep 09

XP SP2 includes SP1 and SP1a plus refinements and additions.

gidster 20:42 08 Sep 09

hi mate where do i get them? so if i download sp2 i get sp1 as well?

bremner 20:47 08 Sep 09

Get Sp2 here click here and yes it includes SP1 and SP1a

gidster 21:02 08 Sep 09

hi bremner, is it safe to download it from there? i think i mean is it proper,from microsoft.

Zeppelyn 21:10 08 Sep 09

As its Vista your better off waiting for it to pop up on Windows Update, have recently done the same and it will be offered but only after certain other updates are installed. SP2 will come soon after.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple