Where's my Teletext?

sjd224 19:50 24 Apr 03

Anyone help? I have an AVerTV Studio with teletext included, but for the life of me I can't get the Text to work. All I get is the typical Text page, numbered 100 at the top, but the text on the page bears no relation to what it should. I've downloaded the latest files (twice) but still no joy.

DieSse 20:32 24 Apr 03

In what way is the text wrong - jumbled, or wrong pages, or what.

Too weak an input signal can corrupt teletext. Also some tuners can't handle teletext when fed from seperate audio/video signals, as opposed to a TV Aerial signal.

sjd224 09:33 25 Apr 03

The text isn't always jumbled, certainly many of the words make sense, it's just that they aren't the "100" home page. I get odd lines or short paragraphs from some other pages, typically stock prices or holiday pages. I can input a new page number, but it only changes the taxt to something else again, same symptoms. I have only an aerial attached. This is sited in the loft.

graham√ 09:51 25 Apr 03

PC TV cards are notorious for teletext problems, I know I've had a few. I should have a few yourself and learn to live without teletext!

:-)

BRYNIT 09:53 25 Apr 03

Could be the signal is not strong enough. Have you checked that the cable from the aerial is connected correctly at both ends and not damaged.

davidg_richmond 10:38 25 Apr 03

consider getting an aerial booster to clear the signal up, this always happens when theres a weak signal, and a tv tuner card does not have a booster built-in like many large screen tvs.

sjd224 10:55 26 Apr 03

Thanks for all that. Consensus seems to be signal strength. The signal booster is a good idea, and even if it doesn't work, I can always attach it to a TV. Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…