Where's my Safe mode options?

TOPCAT® 23:06 01 Dec 05

Following the instruction from XP's help and support: - "When you see the message 'Please select the operating system to start', press F8.
Use the arrow keys to highlight the appropriate safe mode option, and then press ENTER." - all I get is the Boot Menu. I don't even get the message mentioned above. Does the Recovery Console have to be installed as well to enable the safe modes, please? TC.

007al 23:11 01 Dec 05

when your pc boots up,keep tapping f8. you will get a list of options for safe mode

powerless 23:16 01 Dec 05

Start, Run, Type:

Click OK.

Click the BOOT.INI tab and select the "SAFEBOOT" option.

phono 23:21 01 Dec 05

No, recovery console is not required to be installed in order to access safe mode.

TOPCAT® 23:26 01 Dec 05

Tried it a couple of times and eventually got into the options okay. Was tapping away somewhat early on bootup and should have waited until the boot menu option was off the screen first. Thanks 007al and you too Powerless for the additional info - very handy to know that. Tc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…