Where's my inbox messages

tlr 14:56 14 May 05

I have Win XP SP2 and office 2003, recently I had a problem with Office and it asked to be reloaded, I reloaded it as a repair to what was still on my system and all went well until I opened Outlook and found all my emails, tasks, callender and addresses gone. Have they gone forever or are they......somewhere? (I had backed up onto a PDA everything except my inbox, so not all is lost) I would rather like my emails back if possible!!

Thanks in advance

Diodorus Siculus 16:15 14 May 05

They may be in a file called *.pst if it has not been overwritten. Worth doing a search for and see if you come up with more than one.

tlr 14:36 15 May 05

I take it this file must have been an auto save type file? I will give it a go

tlr 23:02 24 May 05

Cannot find anything with a .pst under a search so I take it all is lost?

wee eddie 00:00 25 May 05

This time search your PC for all files including any Hidden Files.

in the search window

tlr 22:51 29 May 05

Thanks for that, I did the search and found 4 files archive 28Mb, archive1 256Kb, Outlook 150Mb and Outlook 1 13Mb. My next question is how do I view them to see if the info is what I am looking for?

DieSse 23:01 29 May 05

In Outlook, you simply do a File - Open - Personal Folders and try each one in turn. If you find the right one (which I'm betting is the 150Mb one) - ten you can import all the sections into the new set of folders, if you wish.

tlr 23:08 29 May 05

DieSse you are a star....thanks a lot it worked a treat

DieSse 23:16 29 May 05

A joint effort I think - glad it all worked out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…