Where's my HDD?

Stowit 11:14 25 Jan 05

I bought a bigger HDD & was going to clone (with Norton Ghost) my existing drive over. I plugged it (new HDD) in to my existing EIDE where my cd was, but it didn't apear in my computer or in Ghost when I tried to run it. I tried putting it in EIDE 2 but its the same. Searching around under properties of my C (existing drive) under hardware tab the new drive is listed there. How do I get Windows/Ghost to see it?

Sethhaniel 11:16 25 Jan 05

and jumper pins replugged

ACOLYTE 11:21 25 Jan 05

What size of drive,what operating system,if xp you will need to go to Disk managment and format the drive before it will show in my computer.

bazb 11:26 25 Jan 05

If your using XP

Right click on your My Computer Icon, choose Manage then Disk management. Drives will show up in there as (0) main drive with operating system on it and (1) Slave Drive.

Right click on the right hand pane of the window of the slave drive (1)and choose partition, select the whole of the drive if you don't want partitions and then format. It will now show up in My Computer and be ready for use.

Stowit 11:27 25 Jan 05

It's set as slave & I'm off to find disc management! (XP Pro)

Stowit 11:46 25 Jan 05

Xp is a clever O/s, too clever for me. New 'D' drive installed thanks again............ now for this cloneing business....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…