Where's my DVD drive gone?

Andrew-C 21:15 30 Nov 04

I was planning on watching a DVD this evening but it appears that my DVD drive has disappeared. It was labelled G. All of the hard drives, the floppy drive and the cd burner are still there.

Has anyone seen it?

If not, where's the best place to find it?

thanks for your help - I'd like to find it as soon as possible as it might be catching a cold outside

Andrew

stalion 21:29 30 Nov 04

Iv'e found it wandering down the road looking lost,no sorry it says it is not yours so I have let it go ;o)
Is it in device manager?

TomJerry 21:32 30 Nov 04

if it does not start automatically. start your plyr software such as powerdvd, play form there. nothing happen, then your dvd gone AWOL

Andrew-C 21:36 30 Nov 04

No sign of it in add/remove hardware. Real audio and media player can't see the drive either.

I'm running windows 2000 btw

Graham ® 21:40 30 Nov 04

Open up and check the IDE cable and power cable are secure at both ends.

Andrew-C 21:41 30 Nov 04

the drive opens, closes and looks at the disc when one is inserted - will check the connection in a sec....

Andrew-C 21:43 30 Nov 04

yep, everything's connected

TomJerry 21:46 30 Nov 04

see if you can find there

Andrew-C 21:49 30 Nov 04

is that the area you can get to when the computer's just turned on?

Graham ® 22:00 30 Nov 04

Keep pressing F1 as the PC is starting.

Andrew-C 22:07 30 Nov 04

found BIOS - only CD listed there is the ATAPI one (cd burner) no sign of the IDE DVD drive.

The ATAPI was only there as a sub section of the primary slave heading, not on a list of drives.

Is this a good, bad or indifferent finding?

andrew

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…