Wheres msc32.exe and whats 'generic host process'?

Valleys boy 11:05 05 Jan 05

I've got a couple of questions I hope you knowledgable folk can help me with! I'm running XP Home and have broadband with Talk Talk.

1. When connecting to the internet I get the message 'generic host process for win32 has encountered a problem and needs to close'. When I click OK I don't notice any problems - its just annoying.

2. I installed Norton internet security 2005 and run the live update, but after restarting I got the message 'windows cannot find msc32.exe' and a prompt to browse to where the file is. I performed a search for said file but nothing came up. It stated this is used to run executable files. Where could it have gone?

3. Upon performing a virus check NIS detected an infected file - 'c:\program files\ISTsvc\istsvc.exe', infected with the Bloodhound.packed virus, but it could not delete it. This file seems to be trying to access the internet according to NIS, so I blocked it. Anyone know what this file is?

Thanks in advance!

JoeC 11:12 05 Jan 05

click here for No.3

click here for No. 2

JoeC 11:13 05 Jan 05

for help in getting rid of spyware etc.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…