Where's me spam?

VoG II 23:17 12 Nov 03

Has anyone else experienced this:

I used to - without fail - receive typically 10 to 20 spam messages a day on my hotmail account. In fact, a few months ago, I installed (and paid for) Mailwasher to deal with them. After that there seemed to be a small increase (I put that down to a "blip") then they settled back to 10-20/d.

Over the last couple of weeks I'm "lucky" if I get one spam message per day in hotmail.

On my "regular" Blueyonder account I used to get 2 or 3 a week. Over the last 3 weeks or so I've had one.

I'm not complaining! Just wondered if legislation etc. had finally started to have an effect.

rev.bem 23:21 12 Nov 03

On Blueyonder myself,like you it' been very quiet on the spam front this past couple of weeks,

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 23:26 12 Nov 03

I have 1643 spam emails im 1 off my web addys 163 pages worth i set it up just to get spam and send all spam i get to it,then clean it out every so often,but like you i havent had many on my main accouts.

Regards.

woodchip 23:33 12 Nov 03

You should complain!!!! I have signed that thing what was on TV to stop Junk mail and am now getting treble what I got. Spam as increased by 70% on Internet mail

woodchip 23:33 12 Nov 03

Getting it form both directions

DieSse 23:34 12 Nov 03

I think more and more ISPs are putting spam filters in place - I have noticed a big decrease on one Spanish server recently - but not on another.

Mnd you I don't actually get any Spam, courtesy of SpamBunker - but I do look at the pending headers, just to see what's coming in, from time to time.

woodchip 23:39 12 Nov 03

Don't know about SpamBunker, but I am going down into mine soon, if it does not stop or slow down

Sir Radfordin 23:40 12 Nov 03

In the last 15 days or so one of my email accounts has had 949 emails that I am classifying as spam.

Since around March last year I've got 10,000 emails that I call spam. And thats just one email account.

Great thing is Bigfoot (mail forwarding company) keep sending me emails saying the account has gone over its daily limit. Oh well never mind, they can only block mail I don't want!

VoG: if you get lonely let me have your email address and I'll bounce mine on :)

DieSse 23:45 12 Nov 03

click here

Works 100% - as near perfect as a piece of software can be.

Daibus 23:59 12 Nov 03

DieSse

Noted your mail regarding a Spanish server that was filtering spam, and another that wasn't.

As I am also in Spain, it would be good to know which ones are doing the right thing.

With thanks.

woodchip 00:00 13 Nov 03

Got it thanks, I will more than likely try it tomorrow

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…