Where's Ctrl/Alt/Delete on XP

Zebrapec 18:30 17 May 05

When trying to solve problems on my win98 I use to press Ctrl/Alt/delete to shut down programs that were running in the background. When I try this in XP it crashes! So how do I know I've quit all my programs as suggested in lot's of answers to problems, please.

woodchip 18:37 17 May 05

You still can with the above, when you do it take a look at the tabs. Any program not responding will show

Jackcoms 18:45 17 May 05

Ctrl/Alt/Delete in XP should bring up Task Manager.

Alternatively, right click on an empty space on the task bar and you will be offered a menu which includes Task Manager.

selfbuild 18:45 17 May 05

Ctrl+Shift+Escape brings up Task Manager in XP....

bruno 18:48 17 May 05

If accessing Task Manager via the Control/Alt/Delete causes your PC to crash try accessing it by putting your cursor on an empty part of the Task Bar and right click.There is a Task Manager command there.

bruno 18:49 17 May 05

Snap

Jackcoms 18:50 17 May 05

Isn't that what I said 3 minutes ago??

Dorsai 19:19 17 May 05

It is what you said 3 mins ago. But I guess it took bruno 4 mins to type it, so he did not see your post till after he submitted his post.

Thats why he said snap almost instantly.

It happens fairly often in fourums. 2 people typing the same reply at the same time.

Jackcoms 20:14 17 May 05

"It happens fairly often in fourums. 2 people typing the same reply at the same time."

Yes, I'm aware of that having been a member of this Forum for about 3 years now!

It doesn't preclude me from making a comment about it, though, does it?

Buchan 35 20:22 17 May 05

I`ve just tried Control Shift Escape and it brought up my Start programme.Control, Alt, Delete did bring uo Task Manager

Zebrapec 21:10 17 May 05

Ok, thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced