Where'd my partition go?

g40 18:37 22 Oct 04

Evening all,the problem is that my laptop kept crashing due a software glitch ie; Norton Ghost was the culprit. After using it I could not reboot.I eventually succeeded using xp disc At this time did not realise it would erase the hidden partition which is required to assist with loading files for the recovery and master disk programmers I have these but it will only allow you to go so far before it indicates it requires the information from the h/partition to continue. there is a way of doing this by creating a partition of about 8mb and then re tattooing or gluing the hard disk to accept the rest of the software. I know it can be done but I don't know how. There is some info on packard bell site but when you see the forum of other users with similar problems its clear there's no straight forward solution.I thought if I got a Copy of the partition from another similar laptop and then transfer it that would do the trick??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced