Where is the 'user area'?

OLDRAY 23:45 10 May 09

Something is driving me nuts!!
Whenever I try to get back on these forums I am told I must be registered to participate and I need to log on in 'the users area above'
Where the .... is the user area above cos I can't find it!
So every time I want to join in I have to get mt password re-sent, very tedious. Also I can't see a prompt in forum posts to simply reply rather than have to re type a new subject......Maybe I'm a bit thick and just can't see the wood for the trees?
Someone put me out of my misery please!!!
Thanks Ray

birdface 23:58 10 May 09

Log in at top right.Once logged in open my profile and down near the bottom there is a box that you tick to keep you logged in unless you log out.

[So every time I want to join in I have to get mt password re-sent]

Why not keep a book beside your computer and keep all of your details in that.Or if you get sent an e-mail with your details keep it and don't delete it.

Stuartli 00:03 11 May 09

buteman has beaten me to the Keep Me Logged check box which appears when you Log In under the Username and Password fields, but another reason could be your security settings.

If you have elected to delete cookies on Shut Down, this could be the problem.

Forum Editor 00:07 11 May 09

if you look at the top of this page, above your original post, you'll see a link that says 'reply to this subject'. You'll also see an 'Add a new response box at the bottom of the page, underneath the last post.

Whatever you type in the 'title' box will appear in bold - like the words 'First of all...' in this response.

You must login each time you wish to post in the forum, and to do so you must click on the 'Login' link in the red banner at the very top of the page. If you want to avoid having to login all the time you can select an option that keeps you logged in - just click on the 'My profile' link in the read banner and tick the box that says 'keep me logged in'. That will set a harmless cookie on your computer, anmd you'll be automatically logged in whenever you visit the forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…