where is storage folder for remembered passwords

newts 10:54 27 Mar 05

Can someone direct me to where passwords are stored, the one you ask XP home to remember for you. I have Netgear Lan and want to upgrade the firmware. It remembers the password automatically and I can open netgear modem but when I update the firmware it wants the password again and I cannot remember it. It won't volunteer it automatically. I know I can reset the netgear modem back to factory issue but that means resetting everything for two laptops plus the desktop which I don't want to do if I can help it as I had enough trouble setting it up satisfactorilly in the first place.The modem is netgear DG834G

Chris the Ancient 13:23 27 Mar 05

but one for later.

I use a special password utility...

click here

I only need to remember one password - the one to get into passkeeper - and everything else is stored in there.

smokingbeagle 14:08 27 Mar 05

Haven't used this myself but Revelation from
click here
can do the job.

newts 15:06 27 Mar 05

Thanks ßéLâ, yes thats where they are but as you say they are all encrypted so unreadeable. Will explore further

newts 15:21 27 Mar 05

thanks smokingbeagle. Have downloaded revelation and that works for most except the very one I want, ie netgear. That must have its encryption or something. Thanks anyway, revelation which is free, will reveal all otherwise which is a bit disconcerting if you are trying to conceal them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…