Where is Shwin20.dll

R4 20:40 08 Oct 03

I have a problem using a macro in Wordperfect 8 that fails attempting to load a shared library shwin20.dll.

I cannot find it on my system or on the MS /Corel sites or on any of my CD's.

The macro should connect wordperfect to readisis OCR so that documents can be OCR'd directly from Wordpefect.

Any Ideas anyone ?

y_not 20:45 08 Oct 03

Found this - still looking

You may have a problem with your word processor. Launch your word processor and then go direct to C:\Program files\AWS_WHAM\HELP to open the help file directly. If this does not work, seek assistance from your IT staff. In the meantime, you may view the help file with Wordpad, a Windows utility.

y_not 20:46 08 Oct 03

Think this is better

The only cause I can think of for these changes is the file that saves your personal
info/selections on your computer. It is called "wpcset.bif" and is under your C:\windows
subdirectory. If it is corrupt you will get error messages like "unable to locate
shwin20.dll/shwin20b.dll" or a variation thereof. If this is the case, the solution is
to delete the wpcset.bif file. When you next run a NOVELL product, such as GW
or WordPerfect, it will create a new wpcset.bif. This, however, does cause a few
issues to crop up. When you first run GW after this, it will ask you where your Post
Office is. Type: O: , and press enter. Also, In WordPerfect, the default printer
may or may not need to be selected again. And, you'll have to set your preferences,
such as button bars, once again.

Well, after all that I hope this helps!

y_not 20:48 08 Oct 03

Or half way down this page click here

R4 21:15 08 Oct 03

Thanks but::

I am the IT staff.

I do not have the directory C:\Program files\AWS_WHAM\HELP or the file wpcset.bif

The link is for WP 6.1 I use WP8 which appearsto be quit a bit different.

Info:: O/S Win 98SE Latest edition. none networked

WORDPERFECT V 8.0.0.710

ReadIris V 6.

The error:: "unable to locate shwin20.dll" only occurs when runing the OCR 'connect' macro. WP works perfectly otherwise.

y_not 06:09 09 Oct 03

Then I'm sorry I can't help further - all I can do is bump this back to the top of the pile for a while!

R4 18:26 09 Oct 03

Thanks anyway y_not.

I have tried Readiris support and they cannot help as they only appear to really support MSWord and put the Wordperfect macro in as a fig to Wordperfect users.

Not everyone uses microshaft word.

R4 19:46 16 Oct 03

>Bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…