//some 3rd party need geo

Where is Service Pack 2 Located after install?

GibsonSt19 18:15 29 Mar 05

Hi there, can you possibly tell me where SP2 is located on a machine that's downloaded it and applied it? I have another machine on the network that I want to upgrade with SP2, but don't want to have to download it, even with Broadband.

Thanks lots!

mattyc_92 18:17 29 Mar 05

The installation files are in C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles

You can always order a CD, as I did, to save yourself the hasle of downloading it.... IT'S FREE....

GibsonSt19 18:19 29 Mar 05

And, not to tarnish their repuation, I don't believe the Royal Mail can get it to me by then :)

I'll have a look in that folder you mentioned...

Any other ideas?

Modo 18:23 29 Mar 05

It came as a cover mount with most computer magazines.

mattyc_92 18:25 29 Mar 05

Did you delete the file you downloads????, if not, just look in the directory where you downloaded it to....

If you selected "Open" and not "Save" during the download process, then provided you haven't cleared your browser's cache files, then look in "c:\documents and settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

GibsonSt19 18:26 29 Mar 05

None of mine unfortunately :(

Fingees 18:28 29 Mar 05

I think SP2 integrates with windows XP on installation. therefor you may not find the original download.
I allways download everything onto desktop, there it can always be seen and put in any folder I like.

I think the folder refered to, is only the one used to repair XP, when faults occur.

GibsonSt19 18:43 29 Mar 05

sp2 was installed on the other machine via windows update, so didn't save it to a specific location. nevermind, i'll just download it again :|

mattyc_92 18:48 29 Mar 05

That will take longer than 1 hour... lol

freaky 18:51 29 Mar 05

I have SP2 installed OK and also have it on CD.

In order to free up some HD space, is it safe to delete the contents of Windows Service Pack Files?

Jackcoms 20:18 29 Mar 05

"In order to free up some HD space, is it safe to delete the contents of Windows Service Pack Files?"

Most unwise I would have thought.

My C:\Windows\Service Pack Files folder is a massive 440mb, so I would have thought that they are there for a particular reason or reasons, wouldn't you?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…