Where is Outlook Express ?

Wrinkly1 11:52 17 Nov 06

Have done "repair" using my WindowsXP disc and now find that Outlook Express will not open. It is not on the list of windows installed programmes but the folder is there but with no EXE file.
Can I copy the mnisn.exe from another PC without conflict problems ?

brundle 11:53 17 Nov 06

go to control panel/add remove programs; click windows components on the left, tick Outlook Express

Wrinkly1 12:17 17 Nov 06

The list shown under windows programmes does not include Outlook Express. Since I can only use the same XP disc, and it has installed all but the EXE, I assume there would be no point in "repairing" again.

anskyber 12:32 17 Nov 06

Could you uninstal what you have and reinstall?
click here

brundle 12:36 17 Nov 06

Not like this? ; click here

Desperate-Dan 12:46 17 Nov 06

Go to Control panal-add or remove program -click on set program access and default- make sure custom is checked click on the two arrows- a dailog box opens find outlook express check enable access to this progam

Wrinkly1 13:18 17 Nov 06

I expect it is me but the display I get in Add/Remove has no programme access and default option showing. When (If) I overcome the problem that System Restore tells me it can not create restore point, reboot and try again -same result ! The Restore has not been turned off and is stating that C drive is being monitored - Now what ?
When I can create a restore point I will try your suggestion brundle at the softpedia site

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…