Where is my network

caast ©™ 11:54 03 May 03

I appear to have lost my network, or part it seems
I have two computers running Win98 and one XP.

One of the 98SE PC's has the Internet Connection via ADSL, the other 98SE PC can see the host, and read from it, but does not connect to the internet.
The Host PC has the client in the network neighbourhood but when clicking on this it states it cannot find a connection. I am not too bothered about the XP machine being on the network, but it would be nice if I could access it. That PC does not show either 98SE machines.

Do I need to remove the Cards and start over again or is there something I am missing?

recap 12:16 03 May 03

By this it sounds as if you did have it up and running, if so what have you done lately for it to stop?

If you have just started setting up the network please supply more information, i.e. what are your TCP/IP settings etc for the computers.

caast ©™ 13:23 03 May 03

Nothing that I know of although Yesterday I removed an external modem and replaced with broadband.

??? the client reads the host and accesses the files but the Host does not access the client files

Gaz 25 19:08 03 May 03

I lost all mine last week, for an unknown reason, but network setup wizard did the trick.

caast ©™ 19:12 03 May 03

Running Win98SE where is network setup wizard?

recap 16:03 04 May 03

caast ©™, if the XP machine is the higher spec wise then use that as the main computer for the network not the 98 machines. Doing it this way there is a network wizard on the XP machine. Or, you could do it manually.

click here for a step by step guide on how to set up your network manually.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…