where is my 8Meg bb?

tAtu*! 18:48 30 Jan 07

I have just recently upgraded my BT broadband package. I was previously on 2meg down load speed and have now increased it to the 8Meg deal. My line will support the 8Meg apparently.

I have had 8 Meg since 17-01-07 and got a voice text to say that on the 22nd of jan i will start to experiance my 8 meg download speed!

so far i am lucky if i am at 1 meg!! been on click here and its says my connection is 88kbs per seconds, my bt hub states my speed is 1.0 Mbps !!!

what can i do about this! i have spoke to the call centre which is based in India and they cannot understand my problem! i have rang 3 times to explain my problem and they dont have a clue

can anyone advise me what to do???

thanks in advance

skidzy 18:54 30 Jan 07

So many problems trying to achieve 8MB broadband tAtu*!,you are not alone im sure.
However,did BT advise if you need a high speed driver for your modem ? in some cases,it is needed.

If you post the make/model of your modem,we can look around for a high speed driver if one exists.

tAtu*! 18:59 30 Jan 07

thanks

no, they are going through troubleshooting my network connection and one advisor put me through to order tracking department!!!

i have the wireless bt home hub.

thanks

skidzy 19:01 30 Jan 07

We need the model/make of the modem tAtu*! please.

paddy75 19:11 30 Jan 07

tAtu*!,i have been on BT 8meg service 8 months now and have never got over 3.5 meg Paddy

5starred 19:17 30 Jan 07

Always read the small print - up to 8 meg in some areas

They offered me it then a few days later I got a letter saying that I could only actually get 2.5.

tAtu*! 19:22 30 Jan 07

cant find the make or model?

only info i have is its the BT Home Hub (without the phone)

sorry

anyhelp you can provide helps....sorry i cant find the info

Ho-Lin-Sok 20:03 30 Jan 07

Use this to speedtest as yours says mine is only 0.6Meg
click here

Ho-Lin-Sok 20:06 30 Jan 07

You may need to tweak your settings, this may help
click here

cocteau48 20:10 30 Jan 07

One thing to check out before you start chasing the elusive 8 meg is just how far you are from the exchange;
click here
I an 1.89km "as the crow flies",so it is obviously a lot more than that in line distance , and I am lucky to break 3.5meg even at the quietest times.

Rossi#1 20:19 30 Jan 07

Bt advertise " up to 8meg" here in St Andrews but after a lengthy call this morning Ive learned our line is only capable of 2meg.
Download speeds are currently 55Kb/s and theyve now admitted its faulty!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…