where is the @ key ??

Magik ®© 15:59 14 Sep 04

hi, in xp when i press the @ key i get the " sign, it is set for english uk, just done that. but it is still the same, anyone know why.

thanks

SANTOS7 16:04 14 Sep 04

Have you set all parts of regional/language options to english there are two under regional options tab and one under advanced tab

VoG II 16:05 14 Sep 04

Try pressing ALT+SHIFT together. On some systems that toggles between US and UK.

SEASHANTY 16:05 14 Sep 04

Did you click on "apply" when you set it to English - UK? Just as a matter of interest then - what do you get if you press the key for inverted commas?

Djohn 16:26 14 Sep 04

In XP there are two settings that need to be adjusted. Language and keyboard. Both need to be set for English UK for someone using a Keyboard in the UK. If you wish, you can choose another setting, English US for example then toggle between the two from the Icon on the taskbar.

Magik ®© 16:27 14 Sep 04

as far as i can see i have set it to english UK, as was said above i did find another one under advanced. the @key works with the thingy above the 2 key.. the @ key its self now gives me "

any thing else i can check...

thanks all

cga 17:21 14 Sep 04

Your keyboard shows the @ sign on the key 2 to the right of L ?

From what you say the keyboard is definately being interperated as US.

What DJohn says is right - you need to set up a language & keyboard combination. You can set the language to anything you like but the keyboard setting is what determines where the keys are assumed to be.

SANTOS7 17:44 14 Sep 04

When you open regional/language options under the languages tab click details and set to English UK there is also a switch settings option here as well

Magik ®© 17:44 14 Sep 04

thanks, i will go back and try again.

Magik ®© 18:20 14 Sep 04

the right key now works the @ sign, thanks all, but...in outlook express is still comes up with " instead of @..

thanks

VoG II 18:22 14 Sep 04

In OE, Tools/Options, Spelling tab, set language to English (United Kingdom).

Maybe...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…