Where have my Email settings gone???

Kitz E Kat 23:04 22 Sep 03

Hi, i had a 'small' problem click here problem with getting on the net turned out to be the hub, a Linksys,went weird on me....

But i can't blame the hub for the missing email settings in OE, their gone , like nothing...

I had two mail address set up, and had been getting and sending mail with no problem, and now if i go to the account's there is nothing, a big blank...

I did a full scan with NAV fully updated, found nothing....

Im at a comlete loss as to what went on..

Any ideas?

Kitz E Kat

Chris the Ancient 10:02 23 Sep 03

My first thought would be to do a system restore (if I was on XP).

Chris

Kitz E Kat 18:59 23 Sep 03

D'oh......
I could just hide under a rug for awhile and it would all go away.....

Can't do that...

Chris, i did a System restore, yup im on XP, the thing is i just copped the 'problem'.....

I set up the wireless network on friday last, and then later set up the mail, when on monday i did the system restore, cos the whole thing went mad ,it backed up to before i set up the mail..

So that is why my mail settings went, adds up dont it......

There you go,a reason for everythig!!!!

Thanks Chris for all you help..
Yours
Kitz E Kat

Chris the Ancient 20:10 23 Sep 03

Guess what? I've done that as well! (But don't tell anyone)

;0)

Chris

spikeychris 20:27 23 Sep 03

Too late..words out.

Chris the Ancient 20:37 23 Sep 03

Who spilled the beans then?

spikeychris 20:44 23 Sep 03

The cat

Chris the Ancient 20:48 23 Sep 03

I need Hale and Pace and a microwave then!

spikeychris 20:52 23 Sep 03

Big dog ought to be enough.

Chris the Ancient 20:56 23 Sep 03

That if we keep this up a certain person with the initials FE might pull - so I'll leave the potentially useful thread in!

Chris

(Sorry, Peter)

Jester2K II 20:57 23 Sep 03

I did this the other day - except it a bit of the other way round.

Something was messing with my click-able links under User Accounts on XP but didn't affect the Admin accounts - links just didn't work.

EVENTUALLY found out it was Star Downloader interfering. How did i find out? Well i swore that the only change i made was installing newer mouse drivers. It wasn't until i used GoBack to go back to before the drivers where installed that i noticed a setup program in my download folder with the drivers.

I tested the links - they worked.

Installed Star Downloader (the mystery setup program) and the links stopped working... I'd forgotten all about installing it!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…