Where has my modem taskbar icon gone?

Legolas 13:39 23 May 03

This is not really a problem more an annoyance. I have network with a NIC card in each machine in the taskbar of the client is the two screen flashing icon thar represents the NIC card connection.

Sometimes I get another two screen flashing icon that represents my BB modem.
This icon seems to disappear and reappear erractically, it was there for weeks and then suddenly disappeared then a week or so ago it appeared again, yesterday I turned on my computer and it had disappeared. As I say not a great problem just an annoyance, so can anyone shed any light on this? How can I get it back to stay.

hugh-265156 13:50 23 May 03

have a look in controlpanel/networkconnections/properties and tick the show icon in notifacation area when connected box.also right click the taskbar and select properties tick hide inactive icons/customise and click on the icon for the connection and select always show.

Legolas 14:02 23 May 03

huggyg71 The operation you describe above is how I got the icon there in the first place the problem is when the icon disappears the reference to my modem disappears in network connections even although the modem is on and working. I tried your suggestion with the taskbar and although it is shown under the past items list selecting it and clicking always show has no effect.

Jew 14:30 23 May 03

This was a problem that I wrestled with for weeks! But no longer after reading your very helpful solution. When my friends call this evening shall drink a toast to huggyg71

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…