Where has my message content gone?????

Martin12 21:43 19 Sep 03

I am using windows ME and OEv6

Following a reloading of ME my messages are all there but no content, both in the preview window and when you open them.

How can I get the content back?

Martin12 09:00 20 Sep 03

I'm desperate, please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Editor 09:16 20 Sep 03

when you 'reloaded. WinME the messages will have gone - unless you backed them up before you started.

Take a look in C:\Windows\Application Data. If there are any saved Outlook Express messages they'll be there, otherwise I'm afraid the news is bad...........

Martin12 09:45 20 Sep 03

I did not format my hard drive, I just'overloaded' windows to put back some missing files. The message headings, folders etc are still there, but no content.

Forum Editor 09:54 20 Sep 03

where I suggested? By "overloaded Windows" I presume you mean that you did a complete reinstalled over the existing installation - rather than a 'repair' installation.

Did you use a computer manufacturer's restore disk, or a retail version Microsoft Windows disk?

Martin12 10:18 20 Sep 03

I did a 'repair' (I hope!) as my original settings were kept.

I used a retail version of ME

Martin12 10:36 20 Sep 03

I am still receiving E Mail, but I still cannot see any content

DieSse 10:53 20 Sep 03

Try changing the Mail reading format to "text only" - it could be a problem with the HTML or MIME handling. Does the message content (partially) appear?

Martin12 11:05 20 Sep 03

Still nothing at all on view.

DieSse 11:24 20 Sep 03

Look in View - Current View - Customise View

Is it set to show or hide messages?

DieSse 11:25 20 Sep 03

Sorry - should have tested it first - this hides the headers also.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…