//some 3rd party need geo

Where has Lucida gone?

pcbobby 08:55 13 Dec 05

I recently had a clean XP Home (OEM), installation performed by IT people.
I then reinstalled all my old programme software, including Microsoft Word from my old 98SE pack.

However, when using the Word facility to create some greetings, I found that I could not locate Lucida Handwriting fonts.
I notice that it is also missing from the Outlook Express list of fonts, which is part of the XP installation.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to how I can locate, and install, Lucida Handwriting fonts.

rawprawn 09:27 13 Dec 05

click here let Google be your friend

pcbobby 09:36 13 Dec 05

Thank you rawprawn.

Not sure if I am reading the site correctly.
It indicates that it is $79 to buy this font.
Seems a lot for one font.

rawprawn 09:54 13 Dec 05

Sorry about that I hadn't realised it was a pay site. Just type Lucinda Font into Google and have a look around.

spuds 09:59 13 Dec 05
  pcbobby 10:10 13 Dec 05

Thank you again rawprawn, and spuds.

A question, as I had Lucida Handwriting on my old 98SE, is it possible that this font may on another one of installation CD's?

pcbobby 10:46 13 Dec 05

I have now located Lucida Handwriting on Microsoft Word Valu Pack.
When I try to add, or install it, a message appears asking that install a plugin for my photo editor!!!
Why ? !!

pcbobby 12:28 13 Dec 05

As indicated above, I have located MS Font folder in the MS Word Valu pack.

I could not find a way to install it because of the problem mentioned above.

I did however, manage to copy and paste it into the Font folder in the Control Panel, it does work after a fashion.
When you first select the font, a message appears: MS error report. I click : Don’t Send. I then open the Word document, and it works OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…