Where has the insert menu disapeared to in Word

I use Office 2003 professional but in Word although I can insert the date etc from icons on the tool bars the Insert Menu has dissapeared from the menu bar along the top of my screen how can I get it back? also when I type my e-mail address it does not show as a link i.e. change to blue as it does in Outlook Express etc.

Technotiger 18:53 03 Jan 07

click here

Might help.

I have installed all updates from Microsoft including SP 2 for Office 2003 but the Insert Menu is still missing fro the Menu Bar & I still cannot see how to restore it to the Menu Bar.

Technotiger 20:12 03 Jan 07

Dunno if this will work but, open Word then go to Help and click on Detect and Repair.

Eric10 10:00 04 Jan 07

Changes to the menu are stored in the Normal.dot template which is usually found at "C:\Documents and Settings\"Your Username"\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates". Just make sure that Word is not running then rename or delete Normal.dot. When you next open Word a new Normal.dot will be created and you will have Insert back where it should be.

Technotiger 10:37 04 Jan 07

Glad it seems to have been resolved. Would you mind telling us how - it may well help us to help others in the future.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…