where to get trial

krislas 21:23 27 Feb 04

Does anybody know where I can get a trial version of roxio easy cd creator? I have Nero 5.5 bundled with my drive, but I am not getting on very well with it. I would like to try Roxio first before I commit to buying it.

AubreyS 21:46 27 Feb 04
  krislas 15:22 28 Feb 04

Thanks for that. I do not think I made my request clear. I am looking for free trial. I could not find this is the site you mentionned. Any ideas?

Jester2K 17:10 28 Feb 04

The only place you could get one is click here but it doesn't look like they offer a trial version....

GaT7 23:13 28 Feb 04

Go to this site click here

Enter easycd in the Search box and press the Find button. About 10 files display. You'll find 2 displayed with 'Trial' in their name as follows:

EasyCDCreatorBasicTrial.exe

EasyCDCreatorBasicTrial_w_sp4.exe

I think the 2nd with the sp4 in it is the enhanced/platinum version. If you have a B'band connection download both & see which one suits you. To download just left-click on the file(s)

Let us know how you get on...

krislas 20:57 29 Feb 04

Thanks very much. I will give it a go and let you know.

GaT7 00:34 01 Mar 04

Sorry, should've asked you this before...

Are you on a dial-up or broadband connection? As it is a fairly large download, if you are on dial-up you can use one of those 'download managers' which lets you pause & resume downloads unlimited number of times until you've downloaded the entire file/program.

Please say if you require such a download manager, or ignore this message if you're OK & don't need one.

hugh-265156 00:51 01 Mar 04

nero6 is the daddy

free 30 day trial click here

krislas 21:37 01 Mar 04

In what way is it better than Easy CD creator? I have Nero 5.5 and it takes much longer to burn stuff on my new fast drive than it did on my old slow one with Roxio. It also takes for ever to eject a CDRW, sometimes 1 minute!! I want to be able to just burn the odd thing as back up as I create them, eg a new file or photo. The new EAsy CD Creator allows you to drop to the drive directly; if this also works with CDR's I'll be very pleased. Anyway, I saw last night that a) the file was very big and as I am not on braoadband it would take for ever, (thanks for getting back to me on that Crossbow) and b)that there was a copy of Easy CD on Amazon markt place for £18.50, so I took the plunge.
I will soon know for sure whether Nero6 is the daddy of Roxio is the mammy!!!!! Watch this space

woodchip 21:43 01 Mar 04

To drag and drop files with the Program you have to load "Direct CD" packet writing software

hugh-265156 03:10 02 Mar 04

i find nero to be very fast.full 80min cdr or 700mb of data in just under 2mins on avg at x52(if i want to scare my cat:-)

sometimes using a different brand of disc may help maybe.also try an update for nero 5 click here

to be honest if easy cd works then stick with it.use what you feel works best for you.i just like nero for ease of use.have nothing against using easy cd.i have never tried it.

cdrw as backups though i would not use them.cdr discs only,more reliable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…