Where to get replacement laptop battery

philmurg 18:17 PM 22 Jan 12

Need a new laptop battery for my Dell Inspiron laptop looked on Google and most of the "shops" on there look as if they are based in China and im concerned about buying a crappy fake one

Can anyone recommend a good UK Based shop/supplier who doesnt charge Dell Prices

Thanks

mgmcc 18:53 PM 22 Jan 12

Try the laptopshop.co.uk although I haven't personally used them.

Ian in Northampton 19:03 PM 22 Jan 12

I share your concerns - but never forget, most batteries are made in China. It's very likely Dell branded ones are made there. If you buy from a reputable-looking outlet in the UK, chances are that the battery you get will have been made in China. At the end of the day, there is always a risk in buying a non-Dell (for example) branded battery - but you pay a huge premium for 'the real thing', as I'm sure you know. FWIW, I've bought several cheap 'off brand' laptop/netbook batteries and been lucky - but I'm sure others have had bad experiences.

T0SH 16:40 PM 23 Jan 12

I have bought quite a lot of Dell laptop replacement batteries from Amazon UK If you like check in the feedback section you can read reports by other buyers before you decide on which source to use

Cheers HC

Dirty Dick 08:38 AM 24 Jan 12
  spuds 09:53 AM 24 Jan 12

A company that I used was http://www.eurobatteries.co. but they do not seem to stock laptop batteries any more. Plenty of others though!.

But what as already been stated, most batteries now originate from China or in the same area, and in the main possibly from the same production line of some of the major battery manufacturer's, as re-branded versions for well known named clients.

The idea of checking reviews might resolve any issues regarding reliability of supplier and product!.

spuds 09:56 AM 24 Jan 12

The link should have been http://www.eurobatteries.com

Woolwell 11:57 AM 24 Jan 12

Have you looked on Amazon?

Ibanez2010 12:02 PM 24 Jan 12

I've had success buying new batteries/power supplies on ebay. Prices were good. Just check that it comes from UK.

tallonius 17:47 PM 24 Feb 12

**Replacement laptop battery - avoid www.pcbattery.co.uk !!**

Watch out for this company - they won't honor the warranty.

I bought a replacement battery for a Dell M1210 which had a 24 month warranty.

After 15 months of increasingly poor performance it wont hold a charge, but when I asked them to replace it, they refused saying it was over 12 months old.

When I pointed out their warranty was clearly and prominently displayed as 24 months they refused to respond but their website still continues to state a 24 months warranty.

This is clearly a scam - very dodgy company.

rdave13 17:59 PM 24 Feb 12

Not tried them but worth a look, http://www.batteries4less.co.uk/

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites