Where to get network path from from vista

VNAM75 11:07 29 Jan 09

My pc (xp pro) and laptop (vista basic) are networked. On my pc I have shared a sage folder so I can set up a connection, with my laptop being able to access the folder.

From the laptop I am able to access the sage folder on the pc, but I need to enter the full network path of the sage folder on my pc into vista to create the connection.

On the laptop it says:

sage(\\amd3800) (x:)

Sage is the folder, X: is what I've mapped it as. But how do I get the actual network path to the sage folder on the pc? Right click, properties doesn't give me the path address.

howard64 11:55 31 Jan 09

try on the xp - double click network places - entire network - mshome [or whatever your workgroup is called] - then navigate through the C: drive of the vista laptop until you find it. Or alternately on the laptop save a file in your sage folder with a unige name then search for it from the search prog and when it is indicated look at its full path.

VNAM75 16:40 01 Feb 09

Thanks howard64, I followed your second option. In vista, I saved a txt file in the sage folder and right clicked on it for properties which gave me the network path to that file on my xp pc.

So rather than using "sage(\\amd3800)(x:)", it was x:/accounts/accdata.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…