where to get dictionary words

ugy101 12:22 22 Apr 04

can anyone tell me where to get all the words that are in the dictionary in a list so that i can use them.

i will be saving them into txt files and searching through them, thanks

byfordr 12:31 22 Apr 04

Why not just use click here ???

ugy101 12:44 22 Apr 04

but how do i get all the words out of the dictionaries

Taff36 12:48 22 Apr 04

Why do you want to do this? Give us a clue what you are trying to do and maybe we can suggest something.

ugy101 12:55 22 Apr 04

sorry 4 not being clear

right, i need to use all the words in the dictionary as i am creating a program that will search through all these words, so i need all the words that are in the dictionary in a list, so i can do what ever i want with them

let me know if its still not clear, thanks

ugy101 12:56 22 Apr 04

and if anyone is good at php, can you let me know as i really need help, thanks again

ugy101 13:44 22 Apr 04

any help

Djohn 13:51 22 Apr 04

Encarta contains a dictionary that can be displayed in a column down the left side of the screen when using the program. Complete A-Z with a scroll bar. You click on any given word for the meaning.

It may be possible to copy/paste all the words into one column of something like Excel then the meanings in a different column. Not sure if it can be done though so don't buy the application just to try, see if you can have a go on a friends PC that has Encarta loaded.

Rigga 14:06 22 Apr 04

click here
click here
click here

Most contain links to other lists of words.

HTH,
Rigga.

Rigga 14:08 22 Apr 04

click here

and another..

try Word List search on google.. there's loads.

Rigga.

ugy101 14:21 22 Apr 04

thanks guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…