Where to get a 2.1 modem cable adapter

ACOLYTE 16:07 26 Nov 04

HI,im after a 2 in 1 modem telephone line adapter
what i wont is and adapter that plugs into my dsl modem at one end and to be able to plug 2 modem cables into the other,i dont know what they would be called so when i search i cant find one.

TomJerry 16:09 26 Nov 04

what you want to do, sharing internet connection?

ACOLYTE 16:15 26 Nov 04

Well yes and no,i already have ics through lan cable but it only works if i leave my pc(host) switched on,if not the other pc cannot connect to net what i wont is the other pc to be able to acsess net when main one is off i thought if both were connected to modem it would dial on it own and still be connected by lan.

TomJerry 22:21 26 Nov 04

Ebuyer 4 Port ADSL Modem Router £30.54 click here

with a router, you only need to switch on the PC you want to use

ACOLYTE 22:47 26 Nov 04

Does this still allow the lan conection to share files,if it does its spot on and will get one,I would like though to be able to buy from a shop and see the thing before i buy,nothing ag against online buying but i have done it before,just i like the thought of bieng able to see thi product as is.

TomJerry 23:08 26 Nov 04

4 link to lan port and one link to usb

I have been using ebuyer modem router over one year and very satisfied with it. From ebuyer site, you can found a lot of satisfied users.

There are pictures in ebuyer site which give you general impression.

I have been using ebuyer over two years and over 15 orders, only one problem which quickly sorted.

You can get similar product from PCworld at two even three times cost.

TomJerry 23:15 26 Nov 04

NETGEAR DG623 (good model) store £79.99, web £52.08

NETGEAR DG834UK (with firewall, very good) store £89.99 web £56.30

ZOOM X5 ADSL 4-PORT MODEM / FIREWALL / GATEWAY / ROUTER WITH USB store £69.99, web £59.99

you can go to PCworld to see them and buy over web

ACOLYTE 11:23 27 Nov 04

Thx ,will nip around to shop today,i like the firewall one it sounds good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…