Where does RegSeeker (1.55) ....

Clapton is God 08:59 09 Aug 08

store its backup files in Vista?

I know that in XP they're in C:/Documents & Settings/User Name/Local Settings/Temp - but that path doesn't exist in Vista.

Does anybody know, please?

birdface 09:55 09 Aug 08

Have you tried the Search function.

Clapton is God 10:11 09 Aug 08

First thing I did with no joy!

And, yes, I DID tick Backup before running a RegSeeker scan and deleting all that it found.

It hasn't created any problems, I just want to know where the damn backup is in case of need in the future. ;-))

birdface 10:29 09 Aug 08

I don't know if this is any help. in windows Xp is one folder called dllchace placed in system 32 it contains copy of evry
system file in vista this folder olso exsist but it have diferent name and its placed in
difrent folder this folder is called winsxs and its placed in %windir%
use search box to find the file you want

birdface 10:37 09 Aug 08

Sorry but I still use Windows XP so have no knowledge of Vista.If you are a bit worried about back up problems you could try Winaso Optimizer free edition it only repairs 10 items at a time but you can run it as often as you like and it does an automatic back up.click here I know this is not the solution that you are looking for and hope someone can help with your problem.

Clapton is God 11:02 09 Aug 08

"I still use Windows XP so have no knowledge of Vista"

Lucky you! ;-))

I must admit that I'm not a Vista fan and this is a typical example of why that is. It just doesn't make it easy to navigate around. :-(

Thanks for your continuing suggestions. I'll persevere (whilst muttering under my breath).

Simsy 11:39 09 Aug 08

and don't have RegSeeker here, but as I remember in XP it's not where you suggest, but in a "backups" folder, inside the "RegSeeker" folder, wherever you have that.

RegSeeker doesn't need to be "installed" so it's wherever you have that folder.

Apologies if I've got that wrong!!

Regards,

Simsy

Clapton is God 14:24 09 Aug 08

Oddly enough you may have solved the problem (and jogged my memory at the same time).

In fact, on my XP PC, the backup is where I've already said, BUT that's with RegSeeker installed on the PC.

My question relates to a Vista laptop and running RegSeeker from a memory stick.

As you say, there is a folder called Backups inside the RegSeeker folder - but it doesn't contain my bloody backups.

Curiouser and curiouser!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac