Where does the problem lie?

Re-staw 19:41 02 Aug 09

Ok so im connecting to my internet via a wireless router using my laptop.

It is extremely laggy and i have never had a problem with speeds before especially since i am paying for 20 meg broadband.

A couple of days ago i noticed this changed and i reset my router, didnt work. Changed ethanet cables, didnt work. Reviewed my modem, perfectly fine especially since it was providing internet to my main PC with no problems.

I even replaced the router but that failed to even allow my laptop to connect to it.

I have now punched many holes in my door and becoming extremely frustrated as hours progress, it has absolutely nothing to do with my ISP but a technical hitch in my hardware setup.

WHERE THE F*** DOES MY PROBLEM LIE?

woodchip 19:45 02 Aug 09

Try running this on your Laptop, As mine was running at half the speed of Desktop also Laptop was Wireless. It doubled to desktop Speed click here

Al94 20:15 02 Aug 09

WHERE THE F*** DOES MY PROBLEM LIE?

Usually between the chair and the keyboard

MAT ALAN 20:19 02 Aug 09

Could be spy/malware related have you scanned your PC...

Re-staw 20:25 02 Aug 09

Could be spy/malware related have you scanned your PC...

-------------------------------

Thanks for the reply, i am pretty sure its nothing to do with my laptop as my brothers laptop has experienced this same change at the exact same time, i did just go through configuration on my router and changed the CHANNEL from 11 to 10, it seems slightly better but i cant work out why i would need to do this.

Halmer 20:27 02 Aug 09

that you have the correct log in and password details for your isp?

What lights are showing up and waht colour on your router?

woodchip 20:31 02 Aug 09

Router Works full speed or not at all, not half speed and he did say Desktop is okay

buel 23:03 02 Aug 09

My Lord i laughed at Al94's reply, very very funny!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…