Where does Outlook store email accounts?

cruachan 12:21 05 Jan 05

Not, it seems, in the .pst file, or any other file that I can see on the MS support pages, unless I'm failing to interpret them right.
Migrating between computers, I can transfer folders and contacts, but have to re-enter e-mail accounts one at a time. This information has to be stored somewhere....
Any ideas folks?

Mike Edwards

ACOLYTE 12:27 05 Jan 05

You could try exporting the adress book contacts
as a .Wab file say to you desktop then import it back to the other address book.

cruachan 12:35 05 Jan 05

Thanks, but Contacts are not a problem.
The difficulty is with the list of my own email accounts - addresses, usernames and passwords, pop and smtp addresses.
Those wouldn't be in a wab. file, would they?

ACOLYTE 12:40 05 Jan 05

These should be on your ISP site for the pop/smtp addys,as for the addresses and passwords you may have to write them down to remember them.

cruachan 12:44 05 Jan 05

I have got them written down, Acolyte: I'm just looking for a way of avoiding the fag of re-entering them one at a time.... So I want to know which file they're stored in so I can just transfer the file. OK, call me lazy!

ACOLYTE 12:53 05 Jan 05

I dont think there is a way of doing this apart from entering them 1 at a time,but i may be wrong
click here
is what i found but i dont know if its what your looking for.

cruachan 13:24 05 Jan 05

Well, It doesn't look too promising, but I'll explore the site.
Thanks, whatever it does or doesn't produce.
I can't believe it isn't possible to do this, though. I feel there is a simple way - I just don't know it. (And will probably spend far longer looking for it than just re-entering the information, in the event!)

handful 17:40 05 Jan 05

Is this any use? click here

cruachan 19:32 05 Jan 05

This may well help: I may be able to import in two directions, maybe.
Thanks to you all for your helpful suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…