where does one look???

CHRoNÏÇ DÂWG 01:11 14 Apr 05

Hi people!
could any one point me in the direction of a bios update ? my trouble is...... SISsandra says SMBIOS/DMI 2.3 or later compliant Bios is reccomended, get update, but i cant find the update cos i dont know where to look.
is the bios in the M/Board or in the Processor ? OR NEither ?
I dont no what/where to look under, i found something on the asus site but i couldnt understand if its what i want!!!!
also..... is it easy to roll back the update if it goes wrong ?

This is my set up
Asus A7V8X-MX Motherboard
Processor AMD Duron 1.3o ghz
System bios Phoenix technologies LTD 1006
Win XP Pro with SP1

Thanx in advance

Belatucadrus 01:39 14 Apr 05

No ! if a BIOS update goes wrong you're stuffed. It's one of the few updates I don't bother with unless there is a very specific reason for doing it, and a vague recommendation from SiSoft Sandra doesn't count.

THE TERMINATOR 03:13 14 Apr 05
  the kopite 07:12 14 Apr 05

The bios is show on screen at boot up press pause and the bios thread is in the left hand corner write it down and visit your mboard site for latest bios

handful 08:03 14 Apr 05

My advice would definitely be don't flash unless you have a specific problem to resolve. If you do go for it, and I did with the same mb with no problems, you will need to download a programme called aflash which you copy to floppy with the new bios. This gives you the option to back up your old bios which you should definitely do. The problem is there isn't room on a floppy for the aflash programme, the new bios and a back up of the old bios! I got round this by copying aflash to another floppy, use this floppy to run aflash and back up and then run aflash again with the new bios and flash it from there. I must stress again though, I only did it to cure a problem and would not contemplate doing it just because Sandra says so! Sorry if my instructions sound complicated.

CHRoNÏÇ DÂWG 12:59 14 Apr 05

OK thanks everyone, thats settled it for me, il leave it well alone,

the reason i was going to go with it was, i recently brought a pinnacle 300i cap card and although as you see from my set up above, i have more than what is advised to run it on my comp, when im watching digital tv the picture keeps freezing for 1-2 secs & when i close explorer windows or a web page, instead of just instantly going , they slowly close from top going down the screen till it gets to the bottom of the page,.... then it closes, its as if ive run out of system resources or RAM.
and last night i tryed recording and it records for a cupla minutes the crashes.

i think i should probably start this in a new thread.

CHRoNÏÇ DÂWG 13:03 14 Apr 05

i have noticed i didnt put my RAM size,

RAM 512
HD x2
=1x20gb [3gb spare]
=1x80gb [21gb spare]

CHRoNÏÇ DÂWG 13:21 14 Apr 05

please see my new post

@ click here

CHRoNÏÇ DÂWG 13:23 14 Apr 05

thats wrong above please ignore.

click here

could admin please remove the 1st link thanx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…