Where does the Ink Go?

zander8 22:03 16 Sep 07

Hi all,

Can anyone advise me on the following. I have a Canon iP4200 printer about 12 months old. When I first got it I tested it for both black and colour printing and all was fine. As most will probably know there are two black cartridges, one large for printing in black and a smaller one which is used in conjunction with the three colour cartridges to give superior colour printing. Since first testing the printer I have only printed word documents using black ink. I am now getting a warning that all four cartridges used for colour printing are almost empty.

Where has the ink gone? Does it evaporate over time or is it used for cleaning the print heads?

Thanks, Bob.

lotvic 22:19 16 Sep 07

I believe it's used for cleaning the print heads

woodchip 22:24 16 Sep 07

It uses some when you print black, Also head cleaning will waist it, every time you start the printer it wasts ink. Why not get it from click here
I have just got a Epson Multi Function Printer RX620 and running it on Compatibles from hear

zander8 23:34 16 Sep 07

Sorry for the delay in answering, I had to leave my computer for a little while Thanks for the advice guys and thanks for the link woodchip.

Bob.

wiz-king 06:48 17 Sep 07

Also if you run out of the 'big black' ink some printers will make up the black ink for b/w printing from the coloured inks.

griffon56 14:20 17 Sep 07

Some while back I had a Deskjet 930c which used so much ink in head cleaning it built up a pile of pigment under the black printhead and jammed the carrier. The solution was to reinstall it with a changed connector, from parallel to USB, and with no scanner linked to it. It behaved then and since.

zander8 20:52 19 Sep 07

Thanks for the info. Much obliged.

Bob.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…