Where do they go?

pj123 17:16 11 Sep 05

Yes, I know this has been done before, but where DO they go?

They post a thread and get lots of responses but 6 or 7 days later there is still nothing from them.

It would be nice just to see something like,

"thank you for solving my problem, I won't come back until I have another problem"

or words to that effect.

We don't even need a "thank you" just a tick and a "what solved it" will do.

mattyc_92 17:17 11 Sep 05

I second that pj123

VoG II 17:19 11 Sep 05

I did spot a post earlier today in which the OP apologised for not getting back for several months but he hadn't worked out how to post a reply!!!

User-312386 17:41 11 Sep 05

It is infuriating I agree.

However, as VoG™ has stated some people post and then do not know how to get back to the original post.

There are a minority(and it is a very small one) as you say, just tick it and do not tell people what actually resolved there problem.

Hoe hum life goes on :)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:48 11 Sep 05

Oh the frustration!

I do like to know what solvd a problem so as to be able to help someone else with the same problem.

Wuggy 20:53 11 Sep 05

It's even more frustrating than picking one's nose with boxing gloves on.

p;3 21:24 11 Sep 05

as Vog suggests above; maybe some folks do not know how to get back to post a reply?maybe they do not know what to do with the e mail notification they recieve from the forum?yes, I am being serious; just becausw we know does not necessarily mean that they do:))

sidecar sid 21:27 11 Sep 05

Who cares?
On the odd occasion I reply with what I think might be the answer to somebody’s question. I don't expect a reply or want thanks.

I’m not bothered by the lack of a green tick. I contribute to this forum because I think I might just help or make a difference.

I have received thanks in the past which is nice but I don't expect it or require it.

As Fruit Bat /\0/\ and madboy33©® say it would be nice to know the outcome but it is not important and it will not stop me from sleeping soundly.

ton 00:18 12 Sep 05

I take it for granted now that most of the time there won't be response.

It would be nice if people responded and said how they fixed the problem, it would be helpful to anyone else searching for the same thing.

But that's life, I don't expect it to change.

p;3 01:36 12 Sep 05

lets be optimistic ; lets see explanations and solutions given on all threads and green ticks too when threads are solved(OK, maybe wishful thinking...but....I am allowed to wish..arnt I?)

spuds 09:13 12 Sep 05

It can be very disheartening when you answer someones 'urgent-life threatening' question,then there is no reply.It makes you think, whether to become a lurker, and having the benefits that brings.A simple thank you and response doesn't cost the earth, in fact the request for help and advice required some input in the first place, why not put in that little extra effort, so everyone knows the outcome.

A typical example the other month, I and another person gave someone a mass of links for a problem they had, the next thing the box was ticked with no feedback whatsoever.Did we help the person,or did we waste our time, now that may be a question that may never get an answer, annoying that it was.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…