Where Do I Store My Music

NotSureBoutThis 05:22 27 Oct 06

Hi

I have an Acer desktop with I think 2 drives C drive 68% & D drive 99% (Does this make sense?)

I am about to install itunes, so when I download music from itunes, do I save to my music then to the D drive?

No idea where to save to?

Thanks in advance

azmansell 07:18 27 Oct 06

i have a similar setup and use the D-drive as a dedicated music drive (provided your drive is 99% free and not full!) i find this better as it leaves the C-Drive dedicated to system files etc.

With regards i-tunes, have you seen the news this week where they have made it so music downloaded from there store can only be played on apple software and i-pods...? this made me reconsider who i buy my music from!

ICF 07:19 27 Oct 06

Do you mean your D drive is 99% full?
I would download to c drive and back up the folder to the D drive.

NotSureBoutThis 11:26 28 Oct 06

Hi

Drive "D" is 99% free, is this where I save it to?

Thanks

ICF 11:30 28 Oct 06

Yes it does not really matter as long as it's backed up somewhere else.

NotSureBoutThis 11:58 28 Oct 06

Hello ICF

Forgive me please, although I'm not sure what you mean when you say "Backed up somewhere else" you mean I have to save it to both drives C & D?

wee eddie 12:08 28 Oct 06

what ICF means is that any sane PC User has, what is known as, a Back-up.

This is a copy of all the Files, Folders, Movies and Tunes, stored on their PC. Some even keep a Back-up of the OS as well. What you store this copy on is a subject on it's own and subject to lengthy debate. I use an External Hard Drive & Dantz. Others swear by Acronis or Ghost. They all work, which is best is a matter of opinion.

ICF 07:06 29 Oct 06

What I mean is have two copy's of your music. What if say your computer would not boot up and needed a complete reinstall.You would then need to re-pay for all the music you have already paid for.

NotSureBoutThis 12:38 29 Oct 06

OK, thanks for that

I think I understand what you all mean.

When I download say from itunes to my ipod, I save to "my music" & then save to a disc, is this correct?

Mr Mistoffelees 14:11 29 Oct 06

Absolutely.

NotSureBoutThis 15:13 29 Oct 06

Fantastic

Thanks very much everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009