Where do I put music in order for iTunes and Media player to access it easily?

hawthorn59 10 Sep 12

Hi folks,

Having reformatted a couple of months ago, I am now ready to put my music back on my laptop. I like WMP but also iTunes, especially as I have an iPhone.

However Im a bit confused as to where exactly I should drag over my music collection. If I put it in My Music, will only WMP be able to access it? Is iTunes looking in a different place??

Also for future use, if I import a CD to WMP will it also go to iTunes? Im unsure of this?

Or would I be better off just using one player, and which one!?

thanks

H

northumbria61 10 Sep 12

Take a look here to see if this helps - scroll down to about 6th or 7th posting which hopefully explains what you need to do.

enter link description here

Nontek 10 Sep 12

I have both iTunes and WMP on my Win7 PC, does not matter where I put my music, I can play the music with either of them.

Nontek 10 Sep 12

Import a CD into iTunes and you can still access that music in WMP.

hawthorn59 11 Sep 12

But it looks like they look in different locations! OK if I import a CD into iTunes, WMP can still access it, but does it work the other way around...?

thanks

H

Nontek 11 Sep 12

Yes - basically because all your music is in one folder. i.e. My Music.

hawthorn59 13 Sep 12

No I've imported a CD into WMP but its not displayed in iTunes Library/Music

Its a bit of a pain!

Nontek 13 Sep 12

Try it the other way round, import CD to iTunes, then have a look in WMP - after doing a re-start.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message