Where do I put music in order for iTunes and Media player to access it easily?

hawthorn59 10 Sep 12

Hi folks,

Having reformatted a couple of months ago, I am now ready to put my music back on my laptop. I like WMP but also iTunes, especially as I have an iPhone.

However Im a bit confused as to where exactly I should drag over my music collection. If I put it in My Music, will only WMP be able to access it? Is iTunes looking in a different place??

Also for future use, if I import a CD to WMP will it also go to iTunes? Im unsure of this?

Or would I be better off just using one player, and which one!?

thanks

H

northumbria61 10 Sep 12

Take a look here to see if this helps - scroll down to about 6th or 7th posting which hopefully explains what you need to do.

enter link description here

Nontek 10 Sep 12

I have both iTunes and WMP on my Win7 PC, does not matter where I put my music, I can play the music with either of them.

Nontek 10 Sep 12

Import a CD into iTunes and you can still access that music in WMP.

hawthorn59 11 Sep 12

But it looks like they look in different locations! OK if I import a CD into iTunes, WMP can still access it, but does it work the other way around...?

thanks

H

Nontek 11 Sep 12

Yes - basically because all your music is in one folder. i.e. My Music.

hawthorn59 13 Sep 12

No I've imported a CD into WMP but its not displayed in iTunes Library/Music

Its a bit of a pain!

Nontek 13 Sep 12

Try it the other way round, import CD to iTunes, then have a look in WMP - after doing a re-start.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message