Where do I find the XP firewall tick please

Halmer 19:19 14 Jan 04

the one that turns it on and off?

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:23 14 Jan 04

In Control Panel, double-click Networking and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections. Right-click the connection on which you would like to enable ICF, and then click Properties. On the Advanced tab, click the box to select the option to Protect my computer or network. If you want to enable the use of some applications and services through the firewall, you need to enable them by clicking the Settings button, and then selecting the programs, protocols, and services to be enabled for the ICF configuration.

AndyJ 19:24 14 Jan 04

In Control Panel, double click on Network Connections. Find the icon for the network connection you want and right-click on it.

Select Properties from the pop-up menu and then the Advanced tab.

The tick box should be there

AndyJ 19:25 14 Jan 04

Pipped to the post by Gandalf :-)

Halmer 19:26 14 Jan 04

once again.

jgosden 19:27 14 Jan 04

go to help in windows and type firewall the first one is turn on and off. This dosn't seem to be on the web but in the help files. I don't like the windows firewall use something like zonealarm or norton.

jgosden 19:28 14 Jan 04

sorry all happened so fast

Halmer 19:30 14 Jan 04

tonight. I'll have to have a mess with my PC later to create a really difficult one for them!

Cheers guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…