Where do I find xp firewall?

Angela-225542 10:20 24 Aug 03

I was given some handy tips yesterday, someone suggested turning off the xp firewall as it may be interfering with my norton firewall. Where is the xp firewall found?

bvw in bristol 10:24 24 Aug 03
  Angela-225542 10:53 24 Aug 03

Have tried the above, however it says that it cannot display properties of this connection as it may be corrupted. It suggests a system restore..........

bvw in bristol 10:59 24 Aug 03

Nothing's straightforward is it? :o)

Before you start doing System Restores etc, what problems are you having?

bvw in bristol 11:06 24 Aug 03

click here

Is this the error message you are getting?

scooby43 11:07 24 Aug 03

to turn off the xp firewall go to your start menu and then control panel network connections in there will show your connection right click on it then left click properties go along to the advanced option there will show the xp firewall untick the box and click ok :)

Angela-225542 11:10 24 Aug 03

Thanks for the help! Well I dont know where to start really,
I think the probs began when I installed norton anti-virus as I'd got a virus from kazzar. I also installed the firewall. After doing so, the firewall merged with the antivirus but if i click on the firewall it usually has disabled itself somehow.
When i log on now, the tune that xp plays usually has gone. the desktop takes ages to setup and if I click on anything straightaway nothing happens. I have to leave it for approx 5 mins before attempting anything. Windows messenger signs in and out and remains out, when i try to sign in it says invalid password or account. If i go to hotmail website i can sign in o.k but signs out again when i leave site.
Windows updates not accesible in any way. if i go on any help sites, i get page not displayed. Also not getting norton updates. when I go to symantec help site or widows or blueyonder i get page not displayed or service not available...
I dont think there's any problems I dont have and I dont know who to call.. Norton, Evesham, Blueyonder....If you can help thank you sooo much as i've been at it for weeks!!!!

plankton 11:12 24 Aug 03

If you dont know where it is, how did it get turned on? I didnt think firewall was turned on as default - I havent yet seen a new XP system that way?! Scooby43 is correct with the action to take.

Angela-225542 11:13 24 Aug 03

bvw in bristol,

Yes a similar message to that. it was when i clicked on the advanced tab it just had the text stating cannot show properties of connection, may be corrupt

plankton 11:15 24 Aug 03

Sorry I was typing at the same time as you! Have you got all the upgrades from Norton, and really got rid of the virus? Did you disable restore while you were getting rid?

plankton 11:16 24 Aug 03

Done it again, I'll get me coat :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…